2013年12月2日星期一

Jawai keen to bond with Boomers squad

Basketball's version of Phar Lap, Nathan Jawai, is set to train with the Boomers in a massive boost for the Australian side ahead of tours to China, Argentina, Brazil and New Zealand.

At 208 centimetres, Jawai last year became the first indigenous Australian to play in Beijing vacations America's NBA, representing the Toronto Raptors.


The 22yearold Queenslander said he was keen to get some court time with the Australian side, after being sidelined for most of his first season in the US.

"If I'm going to break into the Boomers team for the 2010 world's and the Beijing day tours London Olympics I need to get some international experience," he said in a Basketball Australia statement on Wednesday.

"I've been in the Boomers squad before but I haven't played any international games with the team, so hopefully I train well and get selected.

"This year the Boomers tour China, Argentina, Brazil and New Zealand and I plan to be in green and gold for every game. It's the perfect opportunity for me."

He is virtually a certain selection following Chris Anstey's retirement from international basketball and the likely unavailability of Olympians Matt Nielsen, Andrew Bogut and David Andersen.

没有评论:

发表评论