2013年12月3日星期二

Queensland Transport minister Rachel Nolan fined five times for speeding

"I take driving safely very seriously. I am conscious of my individual responsibility in this regard, and also of the need for everyone to drive safely.

"I am on the road a lot  my work responsibilities in Ipswich and Brisbane mean that I need to do china tour advisors quite a deal of driving.

"I realise, though, that this is all the more reason for me to be vigilant and observe the China Group Tours road rules.

"I will be making an additional effort to make sure I don't drop my guard on driving safely."


Queensland Deputy Premier Paul Lucas has defended the new transport minister's leadfooted history, saying everyone is human.

Mr Lucas, who was revealed to have been caught speeding after his driver took blame for the offence when he was transport minister in 2007, said Ms Nolan currently had just the one demerit point against her licence.

have a demerit points system because people do make mistakes, Mr Lucas said.

one driving offence is one driving offence too many for any of us, for you, for me, for the person down the street.

it's also important to remember that a cabinet is full of ordinary human beings who make mistakes. Lucas said Ms Nolan had never lost her licence, nor received a drink driving conviction.

没有评论:

发表评论