2013年11月26日星期二

Lesbian cadet gives up fight against military academy

Katherine Miller has said she plans to graduate from Yale University, which she's now attending, instead of the prestigious West Point academy and then join the military through officer candidate school.

"Although I am deeply saddened that I will not be readmitted to china tour advisors West Point, I understand and respect the decision," said the 21yearold.


She said that although she had always wanted to serve alongside her comrades as an equal, "I harbour no resentment toward the military and I look forward to the day they deem it appropriate for me to put the uniform back on."

Ms Miller left West Point last year because she said she couldn't live a lie, and she immediately became a China Group Tours public face of the effort to repeal the policy known as "don't ask, don't tell", which bars gay people from serving openly in the US armed forces.

没有评论:

发表评论